Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Fashion Diva

Sunday, January 27, 2008
From the Sunday, January 27th, 2008 Marietta Daily Journal "Lifestyle" (aka Society column) Section:


"Fashion spotlight of the week: Nothing is prettier than a mother who is expecting. And when this one showed up in a simple black sheath and turned her back, she gave new meaning to "expecting" - the strand of pearls she wore was tied with a beautiful, cream satin ribbon - a little surprise that enhanced the simplistic elegance of the look - Katie White of Marietta."


OK, so I am more than flattered that Mrs. Litchfield decided to make me her fasion spotlight of the week (a weekly tradition here in the Marietta society column). It was very sweet and really made me feel so good in the midst of this third pregnancy in as many years, but Daniel and I seriously could not stop laughing since we know the extent of my "wardrobe" and the events leading up to that fashion appearance that night.


So I am almost 8 months pregnant and I have one nice maternity dress that wore out its welcome around Marietta events over Christmas. So, I had two non-maternity dresses that were stretchy and "sort-of" fit (sort-of used very loosesly here). I actually chose the other one and was getting myself ready while also getting the girls ready to go stay at their Mema's (all moms know what level of chaos I am not fully describing here). I send Daniel down with the girls to get them loaded into the car and notice this dress has a hole, yes a large hole in the side (probably where I had forced the zipper over my belly). So, dress #2 is my only option at this point. This dress was purchased at Ross in Paulding County in 2002 when I had to chaperone the Paulding County Highschool prom. This would be the "sheath" that was described. As for the "pearls", which were purchased several years ago at Target, I almost threw them away last year because I got ink all over them while they were on my dresser and a pen leaked, but I finally threw them in some jewelry cleaner and it mostly came off.


I tried to use the article to convince Daniel that I need a larger wardrobe budget to keep up my appearances in Marietta, but he says apparently my current wardrobe is working just fine. Oh well, keep an eye on me Marietta, today I was in fleece pants and a 1998 AOPi t-shirt.


I guess Mary Evelyne gets her fashion sense from me.


6 comments to Fashion Diva:

Kristi said...

Katie, I could not be more proud. You've finally made it - the Marietta Society section. Too bad that giving birth to your first son can now only come a distant second to the elated bliss of this spotlight into your life.

Anonymous said...

Katie--Now Marietta society knows what the Martins have always known. No matter what--you are beautiful!

The Shepards said...

Katie, this is why you are one of my favorite people, EVER.

BTW, the Christmastache was awesome. Very Magnum PI.

The Elliott's Adventures said...

hilarious!! I think I finished my pregnancy with 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of stretchy pants and 2 shirts!!

AnnieBlogs said...

Gracious. You are a big deal.

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

love this story! Hysterical!