Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Done Been Tagged

Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Ruth Allen has tagged me (Katie) to list 10 random things about myself that will probably make you question your friendship with me, so here it goes:

1. I have two gross habits (Daniel would probably say I have more): biting my nails and cleaning between my toes. My three year old has been doing both for about a year now with no prompting whatsoever.

2. I am fluent in French (well maybe not quite fluent anymore) and taught highschool French right out of college at Paulding County Highschool.

3. I took piano for 12 years and can now play about 4 songs.

4. I do a weird number thing in my head that is very elaborate and pointless. I have no idea when it started or where I got it. I look at digital numbers, like the ones on a digital clock and count each dash. So, if it is 12:00, there are 19 dashes total. Then, I take the dashes in 19 (which is 8) then in 8 (7) then in 7 (3) then in 3 (5), then in 5 (5). It ends when the number equals the number of dashes (like 5 has 5 dashes). I can now do this process in a matter of seconds. See, I told you that you might not be friends with me after this.

5. I broke up with Daniel the day before our first Valentine's day that we were dating. I think it only lasted a couple of weeks and then we got back together for good. I don't even remember why we broke up now.

6. I have come to realize, especially after having kids, that I really don't like pets. We gave our dog Nellie to Daniel's aunt after Maggie Beth was born and it was like a burden was lifted from my shoulders.

7. My highschool cheerleading squad won the state cheerleading competition my senior year. I can still do the majority of the routine or I will proudly show you the video if you want to see it. I do an exceptional job of the routine pregnant.

8. I am fairly prideful about the fact that I have never had a cavity. Every time I go to the dentist Daniel teases me that I will have one because I generally only brush my teeth once a day and I never floss.

9. I weigh alot more than people think I do.

10. I don't like to see movies or read books twice. This drives my husband, who loves to watch his favorite movies over and over, crazy.

I tag Daniel, Kristi Kay, and Shireen.

7 comments to Done Been Tagged:

Writeaway said...

I was with ya until the dash in the digital numbers thing. I mean, whatever possessed you to even THINK of that?! You are really on my questionable list now. Anything that has to do with math or sequences is way out of my comfort zone. I didn't even follow what your brain was doing. And I didn't want to. It gave me a headache.

:>) Somehow, I think we can still be friends.

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

Love it. Bo and I are with you on the pet thing, I hope my kids never ask for one.

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

Oh and what all exactly have you found between your toes?

The Shepards said...

I decided I didn't like you when you made fun of our cycling kits. (Yes, we had matching outfits b/c we're on the same team.) But when I read about the toe thing, I decided to like you again.

You should have D come visit us at blessed endurance. I've got some good news for him there.

carolineb said...

#4 freaks me out, but I've got your #6!

Anonymous said...

Somewhere I have the cutest picture of you and Brandon playing the piano.
Do you like to do Soduku? The dash thing made me wonder if you like math for fun. I can't talk about thinking up weird things. Ask Cairenn about "Ceiling Walking"

Melissa said...

I'm with you on the dash thing. Only I take one time (like 7:38) and try to find another time (like 9:52) that both have the same amount of dashes. If you set your alarm clock to the first time when it hits the second time, it looks like the dashes are jumping.
Too bad my name's going on this comment.