Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Nightly Escapades

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yes, you get two blogs tonight....


Mary Evelyne has a nightly ritual. We tuck her in and crack her door and tell her not to leave her room (unless she has to go potty) or we will have to shut her door. Seems pretty straight forward, but she always comes up with one or two "valid" reasons to come out before the final straw. Sometimes we have left an item (shoes, phone, etc.) in her room, which is unacceptable for her. Sometimes she needs a water.


Most nights though she has something she just HAS to tell us. These urgent messages are always hilarious.


Tonight she comes wandering into our room with a small hair rubberband in her hand. She says, "Mommie, this rubberband just hopped onto my water bottle." I said, "Oh it, did? It just hopped on there all by itself?" She said, "Yes, it did" as she began to crack a smile. That put me over the edge and I started laughing and she started laughing and all of my parental strictness for the night went out the door. I'm still waiting for her to walk back out, although so far she is quiet.


A bonus nighttime nugget from Daniel: Last night Daniel did her stories. She told him that her heart was beating. He said "Oh, it is?" She said, "Yes, I think it is little baby Jesus trying to get out."

3 comments to Nightly Escapades:

Anonymous said...

Bridget could do that too - get up and have something to tell me, and then make a face or say something funny to crack me up and then she got laughs and hugs...what a scam! But you wouldn't take a million bucks for it!

Ruth A Bryant said...

Bo and I think that the baby Jesus quote may be the funniest thing we have ever heard! Ruth Allen

carolineb said...

I think I read somewhere a promise for princess pictures...